Monday, July 11, 2011

All I Say Is, God Is Not.

Our Founding Fathers concluded that God was not an intercessory god.

And, of course, I respectfully agree; God is not.

Still others conclude that God is not anthropomorphic.

And they will get no argument from me, God is not.

Still more assert that God is not discernable through science,

and by way of the evidence, I conclude, God is not.

Patriarchal authorities say: God is not female.

With this oligarchy, I seldom agree, but God is not.

Others argue that God is not responsible for evil.

Again, I agree, God is not.

 

When I'm enraged by those claiming God is telling them to hate,

I quell my temper and merely state: God is not.

When the priests were calling for their congregations to support the Reich,

There were those, I'm sure, that knew: God is not.

When the Generals scream men charge that wall knowing God is on our side,

I have dusted my sights while thinking, God is not.

When they've told me their God is love,

I cite Bible verses, after verse, clearly showing their God is not.

 

When they ask if, to their prayers, God is listening,

I remark, the evidence shows: God is not.

When they ask if God is the creator of all things,

I say my parents made me, so no; God is not.

And, when they say they see the evidence for God all around,

I know evolutionary reproduction is responsible for what they see; God is not.

 

Everyone seems to have their own version of what God is,

And, like me, they all have visions of what God is not.

So, when they ask me what God is,

I must conclude, God is not.

 

So, when they claim an atheist couldn't possibly understand what God is,

All I say is, God is not.

Beachbum's Mountain View

No comments:

Post a Comment